Thursday, April 5, 2012

Becoming Domestic

I finally got my first sewing machine!


I've been doing a few different projects to try to figure out all the things it can do. I decided to make a quiet book. Why not? I know I don't need such an item right now, but someday it will come in very handy. It gave me experience doing snaps, velcrow, and lots of different stitches on my new machine. I had a lot of fun doing it and I felt so proud. I can't take credit for the design, but I am so grateful for others on Pinterest who are willing to share their great ideas. 




Enjoy a few finger puppets and stick them back in the barn for a nap. Change the snaps on the tree and change the season! Flowers for the spring, green leaves for summer, fall colored leaves for Autumn and take them all off and you've got winter.




The petals to the flower can be taken off and put inside the flower pot pocket. The ballet shoe gives practice in tying a ribbon.




Move the paint splotches around and pull the car out of the garage and take it for a drive!




Dress up the girl in all kinds of fun outfits and write a note and stick it in the mailbox.




Weave the strings of the tennis racket and practice up with zipping zippers!


I am still far from being a seamstress, but I am not afraid of my machine anymore. Progress...



4 comments:

  1. Came out way cute! I just know when I start mine it's going to take like a year to finish! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond cute! Can I ask what the pinterest site was that you got the ideas from? I want to be as domestic as you! Ah sewing machines... someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute quiet book! Way to go Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELL DONE!!! Darling!! I know exactly how long those things take! I always get bored and impatient, so my first pages/beginnings of whatever project I'm working on are practically perfect, and the last things are a sloppy, hurried mess. :)

    ReplyDelete