Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Swagger Wagon



Check out our new digs! I like to refer to it as our new Swagger Wagon.



Yes, yes, you heard right...

I KNOW we don't have any kids yet...

I KNOW that our family, as of now, only consists of two people...

I KNOW that many of you wouldn't be caught dead in a mini-van. They just aren't "cool"...

Well, before you place any judgements let me plead my case and you may feel a bit differently.

First off, it is important to not think of it as a mini-van. Scott and I own a Swagger Wagon, which is TOTALLY different. Just watch the link below and you'll see what I mean.
 (The Swagger Wagon in the music video happens to be a Toyota Sienna, but in this case, we will considering all mini-vans to be a Swagger Wagon seeing that we purchased a Honda Odyssey.)





In case that didn't change your mind about mini-vans, let me continue...

Secondly, the gas mileage is still great. It's not much worse than a car. Sure it would be nice to own a more sporty,  "cool" SUV, but the gas mileage on other SUV's stink!

Thirdly, talk about convenient! Sliding doors on both sides, seats that fold down and provide basically the same storage space as the bed of a truck... I could go on and on, but you get the idea.
Scott and I knew that someday, perhaps when our family doubled or tripled in size, we would want to get a mini-van.  We recognize that this is still many years down the road.

Well, what can I say, sometimes things change. Due to a random kismet of events (such as the Toyota place offering to buy Scott's car back for almost as much as he originally paid for it) and for a plethora of other reasons (such as the fact that we found an almost brand new Honda Odyssey with less than 45,000 miles for below blue book price), we now own a van a little earlier than expected.

Don't be jealous.

6 comments:

  1. oops. Jealous :o) Congrats on the new purchase. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous:) we are currently looking to buy a van in the next few months, I need similar events to occur in our van buying future, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new addition! Can't wait to meet the other one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love your "swagger wagon" I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, I'm not. :) I spent so many years driving my mom's mini around in HS I swore I'd never own one! I'm sure I will, but not yet! Odysseys are really nice though. And I LOVE that commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We traded in our Outback for an Odyssey a few months back. I cried getting rid of my Outback, but I do love my Odyssey. Funny I think of mine as a swagger wagon all the time. Maybe we should all write to Honda and tell them they have the best van in the world, but they need a really cool theme song to go with it.

    ReplyDelete